Oulton Broad lift Suffolk FA Junior Cup after penalty shoot-out
- Credit: Archant
TEN-MAN Oulton Broad held their nerve to lift the John Banks Suffolk FA Junior Cup 3-2 on penalties against Waveney at Portman Road tonight.
The two Lowestoft-based teams had fought out an incident-packed 2-2 draw after extra time, before goalkeeper Ian Barber saved two Waveney spot kicks and another was sent wide while Oulton Broad converted three of their four.
Connor Borrett headed Oulton Broad in front inside the opening minute and that was the way it stayed until half time.
The final was turned on its head inside the opening three minutes of the second half, Callum Potter equalising before Tom Mawford seized on a defensive mistake to put Waveney in front.
Their joy was shortlived as Oulton Broad equalised in the 49th minute through Simon Durrant, who then received a straight red card in the 75th minute for fouling Mawford.
You may also want to watch:
Extra time failed to bring a winning goal and it was Outlon Broad, winners of the competition in 1963, who prevalied in the shoot-out.
For a full match report and pictures see Wednesday’s EADT.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident