'Our overall play was outstanding' - Jim
“WE were going to the league leaders, who were bubbling with confidence, and our overall play was outstanding.We had players whom I felt could hurt Birmingham and that proved to be the case.
By Derek Davis
“WE were going to the league leaders, who were bubbling with confidence, and our overall play was outstanding.
We had players whom I felt could hurt Birmingham and that proved to be the case. That's another step in the right direction for us and we are steadily improving.
We showed great character and you need that when going to places like Birmingham, which can be intimidating.
We lacked belief that we could win the game so at half-time I asked them the question: 'Do you want to win the game?' They answered that and showed how much they wanted to win and we could have done.
The team that shows the most desire usually wins the game and we showed plenty of desire. Our players were outstanding to a man. They showed sheer guts and character. Once we withstood the first 20 minutes, we had the players to take it on.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 3 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 4 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 7 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
It is another step in the right direction for us and gave us another fillip for our confidence. We gave Birmingham as good a game as they are going to get this season.
We can take great pride for our performance, and we have another huge game against Sunderland, but we are steadily getting better and better and are hungry. I'm disappointed not to have won because we played so well but I would have taken a point before the match.”
“FAIR Play to Ipswich, they are the first team to come to St Andrews and play two up front and made it a football match. Entertainment wise it was terrible for managers but it had everything as a football match.
Bruno's actions have cost us, not just now but in terms of the three games he will miss. The discipline is something we are going to have to clamp down on.
We can't keep getting away with having 10 men in matches and either winning or drawing.
We have had three players sent off in the space of seven or eight games, we did it against Colchester, QPR and now Ipswich so we have to improve on that. When you reflect on what happened it is a point won, we were down to 10 men and 2-1 down at home but in terms of effort and endeavour we kept going and maybe shook a few people up.”