“Owen was terrific!” – enthuses Colchester United boss John McGreal after win over Crewe
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United boss John McGreal praised Owen Garvan for a superb individual display after today’s 4-0 home win over Crewe Alexandra.
Kurtis Guthrie broke the deadlock in the first period, and second-half goals from man-of-the-match Garvan, substitute Drey Wright and winger Brennan Dickenson wrapped up a first home win in 11 weeks.
“Owen (Garvan) was terrific!” enthused McGreal.
“We have been waiting for him to come back. He’s set up a goal and scored one, and he deserved his man-of-the-match award, although there were a few others pushing him for that.
“It’s just great to have him back in the side.
You may also want to watch:
“We had let the fans down in our previous home game, against Leyton Orient (3-0 defeat), so we needed that win.
“It ended up being a really convincing win, with some great goals,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 7 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
The U’s now have a two-week break before their next game, away at Mansfield.