Oxted 5 Ipswich 1
Slazenger EHLSouth DivisionOxted 5 Ipswich 1Ipswich still need three points to confirm their national league status are this defeat to high-flying Oxted.
Oxted 5 Ipswich 1
Ipswich still need three points to confirm their national league status are this defeat to high-flying Oxted.
You may also want to watch:
Oxted confirmed a second spot in the league for the second year running and set up a play off with the runners up from the North League.
The game started with Oxted's South African international vice captain Ken Forbes dominating the game from defence, spraying passes around to his forwards. This forced Ipswich back deeper and deeper and it seemed only a matter of time until they conceded a goal. Ipswich's cause wasn't helped as they were unable to string more than two passes together.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
The inevitable came in the 11th minute when Oxted's Adam Wilson scored off a rebounded shot after a smart stop from youngster Ben Glading in goal. Two Oxted short corner goals were added before half time. The half drew to a close and was arguably the visitors' worst performance of the season.
The second half got underway with Ipswich improving slightly. After 38 minutes, Fulker found Roosbald who deflected neatly high into the net for his second goal in as many games.
This caused Oxted to press Ipswich back once more and Mike Trim converted a short corner after 46 minute.
Problems were soon to follow for the visitors when captain Fulker was withdrawn due to a hamstring strain and he is now doubtful for next week's relegation showdown with St Albans.
Oxted completed the scoring when Adam Wilson converted a penalty stroke.