Packwood joins on loan after Okuonghae ruled out for rest of season
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United have moved quickly to sign a replacement for the injured Magnus Okuonghae, bringing in Birmingham City defender Will Packwood on loan.
The USA Under-23 international has joined the U’s until January 1 following the news that Okuonghae will require surgery on the ruptured Achilles tendon he suffered in Saturday’s 1-0 home defeat to Coventry.
Okuonghae is set to miss the rest of the season as a result and, with Frankie Kent and Josh Thompson also sidelined, U’s boss Tony Humes has acted quickly.
Packwood, 21, has made 17 senior appearances for Birmingham and made eight appearances on loan for Bristol Rovers last season. He is available for Colchester’s game at MK Dons on Saturday.
U’s boss Tony Humes said: “It’s a massive blow for Magnus and I really feel for him at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“He has had a stop start season with suspensions and a hamstring injury and now has this injury to contend with.
“Around five or six months is the projected recovery time, so it looks like it could be the rest of the season for him.”
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 10 Woman found dead in country park is named
– See tomorrow’s EADT for all the latest.