Panthers agree terms with King
IPSWICH Witches asset Daniel King has agreed terms with Peterborough to return for the 2008 season.Although he has been placed on the transfer list by the Witches, King will return to Alwalton for a second year on loan.
IPSWICH Witches asset Daniel King has agreed terms with Peterborough to return for the 2008 season.
Although he has been placed on the transfer list by the Witches, King will return to Alwalton for a second year on loan. The question of future ownership of the rider will be reviewed at the end of the 2008 season
The Peterborough management team were keen to thank John Louis for his help in agreeing to allow the club to extend the loan for another season and at such an early stage in the close season.
Danny finished the 2007 season in spectacular form and his name was rumoured to be on several team's wish-lists, bearing in mind he was on an average of 5.69.
You may also want to watch:
King said: “It's very nice to be one of the first riders to be fixed up for next season and it goes without saying that I am very pleased to be back at Peterborough again. 2007 was the best year of my career so far and I will be looking to carry that improvement on in 2008.”
Peterborough co-promoter Mick Bratley said: “I thought we would get the best out of him following his move from Ipswich and so it proved. He was my rider of the season and I am really pleased to see him remain with the Panthers. He is an absolute bargain on his starting average for 2008.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
Many Witches fans had hoped to see King back at Foxhall after his year's break with the Panthers, but that break looks likely to be longer now and whether King will ever ride in a Witches race jacket again, remains to be seen.