Panthers make the short trip to Rockets for the opening meeting of the year at Hoddesdon. However, two of the Peterborough regulars will be missing – Lewis Blackbird and Joe Jacobs
- Credit: Archant
Peterborough will be the first 2014 visitors to Rye House in Saturday’s East of England Cup clash at Hoddesdon (7pm).
The TC Harrison Panthers were overturned by the Rockets in the League Cup at the Showground on their opening-night of the campaign, but recent displays suggest early-season gremlins are now behind them.
They were impressive 48-42 winners at Elite League Leicester last Saturday, and were heading for a thumping home win over Plymouth on Tuesday before electrical problems at the stadium caused an early halt to proceedings.
Panthers are without two of their regular team members on Saturday as Lewis Blackbird and Joe Jacobs have both been given permission to ride for their top-flight clubs, Eastbourne and Wolverhampton respectively, in Elite League matches.
They will operate the rider-replacement facility for Blackbird, whilst Cradley’s promising teenager Danny Phillips gets a run-out at reserve in place of Jacobs.
You may also want to watch:
Rye House are unchanged from the team on duty at the Showground last week, as they continue to use rider-replacement for New Zealand GP Wild Card Jason Bunyan.
RYE HOUSE: Edward Kennett, R/R, Matt Tresarrieu, Jason Garrity, Steve Boxall, Luke Bowen, Simon Lambert.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
PETERBOROUGH: Ryan Fisher, R/R, Lasse Bjerre, Ulrich Ostergaard, Ales Dryml, Danny Phillips, Oliver Greenwood.