Parker wins it for AFC Sudbury at Harlow
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Harlow Town 1 AFC Sudbury 2
A wind-assisted goal by Luke Callander, and a late goal from Craig Parker, helped AFC Sudbury to a hard-earned three points at Harlow, in a Ryman North clash this afternoon.
Harlow dominated the first half, but only had a goal from ex-Bury Town front-runner Joe Benjamin to show for their efforts.
Benjamin virtually walked the ball into the net, from just a few feet out, after Alex Read’s initial shot had struck the under-side of the bar.
Harlow missed several chances, and they were made to pay when Callander’s opportunist 20-yarder got caught in the wind, completing deceiving home keeper David Hughes for a 42nd minute equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury had by far the better of the second-half opportunities, and their pressure finally paid off with an 88th minute winner from Parker.
Keepere Hughes blocked Callander’s low drive, and the follow-up by substitute Jordan Blackwell hit the foot of the near post, but Parker was quickest to react as he slotted into an empty nety.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
AFC SUDBURY: Garnham, Robinson, Wilkinson, Bailey, Henshaw, Baker, Maybanks (sub Wales, 71), Berquez, Callander, Parker, Clarke (sub Blackwell, 71)
See Monday’s ‘East Anglian Daily Times’ newspaper for a full report, reaction and pictures