Pat’s set for injury return
COLCHESTER United will field an experienced side against fellow League One side Dagenham & Redbridge in the third round of the Essex Senior Cup tonight.
With a trip to high-flying Bournemouth coming up on Saturday, no less than 10 of the squad travelling to the south of the county tonight (7.30pm kick-off) have featured for the U’s first team.
That includes centre-back Pat Baldwin, who has not featured for Colchester since September 18 when he was forced off in the 0-0 draw at Southampton with an ankle injury, as well as midfielder Anthony Wordsworth, who was dropped for the visit of Huddersfield earlier this month and was substituted in the 38th minute of Saturday’s 2-1 win over Notts County at the weekend.
Joining them is striker Liam Henderson, who has had just a handle of minutes for the first team following a loan switch from Watford, as well as keeper Mark Cousins, defender John White and the versatile Lee Beevers.
Teenage defender Tom Bender – currently on the loan list – is also included in the squad following his participation for Wales Under-19s in the recent European Championships qualifiers.
You may also want to watch:
Also in the travelling party from the youth ranks is Freddie Ladapo, the teenage striker who came off the bench to score twice to seal Colchester’s Essex Senior Cup final win at AFC Hornchurch in pre-season.
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that Colchester United will host Woking in the first round of the FA Youth Cup this Saturday in a 1pm kick-off at The Weston Homes Community Stadium.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery