Watch: ‘We’re stronger together’ - Town boss Lambert’s appeal to fans ahead of West Brom clash
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert spoke to the media this afternoon ahead of the Friday night clash with West Bromwich Albion, and discussed the importance of the club’s fans creating a rocking Portman Road atmosphere as they try to escape the drop zone.
The Blues return to action following the international break with a televised clash against the Baggies at Portman Road.
And in today’s press conference, Lambert spoke about meeting with fans this week, lavished high praise on young talent Jack Lankester, confirmed Jordan Graham likely won’t return and said he’s recommended that Jonas Knudsen get a new deal.
Froday’s game will be Lambert’s third in charge of the Blues since being appointed in place of Paul Hurst, with both games resulting in draws despite positive performances.
Those games were against Preston and Reading, who are in the lower reaches of the Championship, but Friday night sees Lambert’s side face a Baggies team in the thick of the promotion battle.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Moore’s side were relegated from the Premier League last season but still boast a host of top flight talent, with the Hawthorns side sitting fifth in the table ahead Friday’s game.
You can watch Lambert’s press conference back in the video here.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery