Watch Lambert on Reading, Keane’s injury, free agents, systems and Downes criticism
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert spoke to the media this afternoon ahead of Saturday’s clash with Reading.
The Blues go into the game nine points behind the Royals, who occupying the position immediately above the drop zone.
“It’s a massive game,” Lambert said of the game.
“They all are but they are the closest team that we can reach so that adds to it.
“We’re playing well, that’s the main thing. We are on a little run and we have to look to keep that momentum going.
You may also want to watch:
“The support we’ve had has been fantastic and we are going to need all that again on Saturday.”
Lambert will also give an injury update regarding loan striker Will Keane, who limped out of Saturday’s draw with Wigan with a hamstring injury.
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
The Blues go into this weekend’s game on the back of three successive 1-1 draws.