‘I can’t wait to get started, I’ll give it everything’ - watch Lambert’s first press conference as Town boss
- Credit: Archant
New Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert met the media for the first time this morning – and you can watch his whole press conference back here.
Lambert was officially appointed on Saturday morning following the sacking of Paul Hurst on Thursday, with the new boss watching from the stands as the Blues were beatrn 3-0 at Millwall later that day.
He would have got a good snapshot of the job at hand as his new side were well-beaten, leaving them bottom of the league and six points from safety.
“I can’t wait to get going and I’ll be using all my experience - and give everything I’ve got for Ipswich Town,” he said.
“I know about the history of the Club, what a fantastic football club it is and I’m proud to be the manager here.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously it’s been a difficult start to the season but to get through this period we need to be pulling together as one - players, staff and supporters.
“I want us to play with tempo, with enthusiasm, with drive. I want the players to enjoy their football and I’m relishing the challenge of helping to take this Club forward.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Watch the video to see his whole first press conference as Town boss.