Watch Ipswich boss Lambert on his touchline ban, Wigan, Chambers and Skuse and contract situations
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert spoke to the media this lunchtime ahead of this weekend’s clash with Wigan Athletic.
The Blues go into the game against the Latics on the back of two promising 1-1 draws, at home to Derby County and then Stoke City.
Saturday’s hosts have also drawn their last two games, sharing the spoils with Rotherham (1-1) and Stoke (0-0) and were not in action at the weekend due to the fact scheduled opponents, Derby, were in FA Cup action.
Lambert’s men head into this game nine points from safety, with 13 games to go in the Championship season.
The Latics, managed by Paul Cook, are 14 points better off in 20th place and also have a game in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Wigan are one of only three sides the Blues have beaten this season, following a 1-0 success at Portman Road in December thanks to a goal from Freddie Sears.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave