Town boss Lambert absent as he awaits coronavirus test result after Gill tests positive
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert will not be with the team for this evening’s clash with Gillingham as he awaits the result of a coronavirus test.
Coach Matt Gill, who was absent for the weekend loss at Lincoln, has tested positive for the virus but the result of Lambert’s test has not yet come back, meaning he must isolate given the fact he has been showing symptoms.
“Paul is following the guidelines and it’s a precautionary measure until the result of his test comes through,” Town’s general manager of football operations, Lee O’Neil said.
“Matt showed symptoms Saturday morning and was immediately sent home.”
Both coaches are watching the game at home. Lambert had been due to watch this game from the stands in any case, having been banned from the touchline for a game following his red card at Lincoln at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Lambert and Gill’s absence leaves assistant manager Stuart Taylor to lead the Town side, along with goalkeeping coach Jimmy Walker and head of athletic performance Jim Henry.
The absence of Lambert and Gill comes after Kayden Jackson became the first Ipswich player to test positive for the virus, which has kept him out of the three games prior to tonight’s.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 8 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 9 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 10 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
His period of isolation has ended, meaning he could potentially return to the squad for the weekend visit of Crewe Alexandra.