‘We had a chat to see where his head was’ - Lambert on recalling Knudsen
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Paul Lambert said he brought Jonas Knudsen back into his first team after the two ‘had a chat to see where his head was’.
The Dane sat out the entire month of January as doubts remained over his immediate future, with Lambert stating the Danish international ‘had his eye on something else’ as he approaches the end of his contract.
He seems certain to depart in the summer, with clubs in the Championship, Germany and Denmark previously showing an interest, but Lambert brought him back into the side for yesterday’s East Anglian derby for his first appearance since Boxing Day.
“It’s (the situation) a difficult one, not (so much) bringing him back,” Lambert said.
“I think the lad himself thought he was going to go in January and it put us in a position where we were going to lose our left-back so we had to go and get Callum (Elder) in to help. But he and Myles (Kenlock) are young kids.
You may also want to watch:
“We never heard of anybody coming in for Jonas but we had a chat to see where his head was and the situation and, to be fair to him, I thought he came in and did really well.”
It remains to be seen whether the Dane will keep his place for Tuesday night’s visit of Derby County.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 8 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon