‘If you don’t want to be here don’t come... I’m not losing any sleep’ - Lambert on missing out on Mayor
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert says ‘he isn’t losing any sleep’ after missing out on signing winger Danny Mayor.
The 28-year-old has joined League Two side Plymouth after leaving Bury, where he will once again play under Ryan Lowe having thrived under the Pilgrims boss at Gigg Lane.
Mayor was at Portman Road 10 days ago and is understood to have been offered a deal by the Blues, but it quickly became clear his desire to reunite with Lowe was too strong.
When asked if he was disappointed to have missed out on the signing, Lambert said: "Not at all.
"People can go where they want. If they don't want to be here then no problem and I won't lose sleep over it.
"If you don't want to be here, don't come."
Lambert has added striker James Norwood and goalkeeper Tomas Holy to his squad this summer but has stressed the Blues will not be spending money on transfer fees ahead of the start of the League One season on August 3.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 5 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 6 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 7 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 8 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 9 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
"We can't buy anybody, that's the fact of it, but that's no problem because we have some really good young players," he the Ipswich boss said.