‘If you don’t want to be here don’t come... I’m not losing any sleep’ - Lambert on missing out on Mayor
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert says ‘he isn’t losing any sleep’ after missing out on signing winger Danny Mayor.
The 28-year-old has joined League Two side Plymouth after leaving Bury, where he will once again play under Ryan Lowe having thrived under the Pilgrims boss at Gigg Lane.
Mayor was at Portman Road 10 days ago and is understood to have been offered a deal by the Blues, but it quickly became clear his desire to reunite with Lowe was too strong.
When asked if he was disappointed to have missed out on the signing, Lambert said: "Not at all.
"People can go where they want. If they don't want to be here then no problem and I won't lose sleep over it.
You may also want to watch:
"If you don't want to be here, don't come."
Lambert has added striker James Norwood and goalkeeper Tomas Holy to his squad this summer but has stressed the Blues will not be spending money on transfer fees ahead of the start of the League One season on August 3.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
"We can't buy anybody, that's the fact of it, but that's no problem because we have some really good young players," he the Ipswich boss said.