‘It’s a little bit unbalanced... a number of positions need to be rectified’ - Lambert on Town squad
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert believes Ipswich Town’s squad is ‘unbalanced’ and believes a number of positions need to be addressed in January.
While Lambert’s task between now and the transfer window opening is to get the most out of what he has at his disposal, the new Blues boss knows recruitment in the new year is needed to help the club beat the drop.
Lambert has previously spoken of a need to bring in a striker, but the Ipswich boss sees a number of positions that need attention.
“I think the squad’s a little bit unbalanced,” he said.
“Not just in one or two positions but in a number of positions that need to be rectified and we do need people to come in in January to give us a hand. That’s apparent.
“It needs to be a bit more balanced but we’ll need to wait and see.
“I’ve only just come in here a week or so ago and the thing at the front of my mind is trying to get the best out of the guys here and give them a chance to go and do.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
“But we need a bit of help and that’s what we’ll try and do.”
Speaking previously at the Blues’ Supporters Club’s AGM, Lambert said: “I know you lost one or two lads in the summer that scored a few goals. I think strikers are important. I think a little bit more help is needed in the January transfer window. The owner knows that.
“We’ll try and get ones in who can give us a hand. You’ve lost a lot of goals from your side. That doesn’t mean to say you can’t win games. You have to get the best out of the guys that are here at the minute.
“I think January will take care of itself when it comes around. It’s not January when we need to fix the problem though, it’s now.”