Lambert tight-lipped over potential interest in Colchester full-back Vincent-Young
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert remained tight-lipped last night when asked about potential interest in Colchester’s Kane Vincent-Young.
The Blues are understood to be keeping a firm eye on the 23-year-old full-back, who can play on either side of the defence as well as in midfield.
Vincent-Young was not involved as Colchester beat Swindon 3-0 in the Carabao Cup last night, with the former Tottenham youngster having previously been a target for Luton and Charlton this summer.
"No, nothing there," Lambert said when asked if there has been any progress in the transfer market.
On Vincent-Young, he said: "Someone mentioned that about that lad the other day (Vincent-Young) but I've not heard anything.
"I know he's Colchester's player and I've not heard anything."
Striker Tom Elliott's loan move to Portman Road from Millwall fell through earlier this summer due to medical issues but the forward has now resumed training with the Lions.
"He's somebody else's player and I don't like commenting on other people's players," Lambert said, when asked if the situation had changed.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Town reject bid for midfielder Fraser but no Matete move
- 3 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 4 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
- 5 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 6 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 7 Ed Sheeran pays the most tax of any celebrity in the UK
- 8 Popular Sudbury bakery reveals aim to save town's post office
- 9 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 10 Parents’ fury as bouncy castle business leaves children in the lurch
"I didn't know Tom Elliott was back in training because I'm concentrating on the lads here.
"At the moment we go with what we've got."
Lambert is keen to add three players to his squad before the September 2 transfer deadline, with a full-back, a striker and a winger likely to be on the Ipswich boss's shopping list.