Lambert tight-lipped over potential interest in Colchester full-back Vincent-Young
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert remained tight-lipped last night when asked about potential interest in Colchester’s Kane Vincent-Young.
The Blues are understood to be keeping a firm eye on the 23-year-old full-back, who can play on either side of the defence as well as in midfield.
Vincent-Young was not involved as Colchester beat Swindon 3-0 in the Carabao Cup last night, with the former Tottenham youngster having previously been a target for Luton and Charlton this summer.
"No, nothing there," Lambert said when asked if there has been any progress in the transfer market.
On Vincent-Young, he said: "Someone mentioned that about that lad the other day (Vincent-Young) but I've not heard anything.
"I know he's Colchester's player and I've not heard anything."
You may also want to watch:
Striker Tom Elliott's loan move to Portman Road from Millwall fell through earlier this summer due to medical issues but the forward has now resumed training with the Lions.
"He's somebody else's player and I don't like commenting on other people's players," Lambert said, when asked if the situation had changed.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Matchday Live: Celina starts as Cook makes five changes
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
"I didn't know Tom Elliott was back in training because I'm concentrating on the lads here.
"At the moment we go with what we've got."
Lambert is keen to add three players to his squad before the September 2 transfer deadline, with a full-back, a striker and a winger likely to be on the Ipswich boss's shopping list.