‘This could be a long window this one’ - Lambert gives transfer update
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has insisted work is ongoing to try and bring in new recruits but has again warned that patience may be required.
Lambert has stressed the need for reinforcements ever since his arrival at Portman Road at the end of October, with the Blues now seven points from safety at the bottom of the Championship.
Marcus Evans was at the Blues’ 3-0 Boxing Day defeat to QPR, with Lambert in regular communication with the Ipswich owner as they work to add experience and quality to the squad.
“I spoke to Marcus today to see where we are and we’re trying to get a few in,” Lambert said.
“Everybody knows we need a little bit of help, I’ve said that since day one.
“We’re trying, we’ve tried to get a few lads in. Hopefully that will happen. There’s a long way on that but hopefully something will happen.”
When asked about the possibility of deals being done early in the January window, Lambert replied: “We’ll try.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 5 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 6 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 7 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
- 8 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 9 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
- 10 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
“If I can get them in for January 1 then great, but this could be a long window this one.”