‘This could be a long window this one’ - Lambert gives transfer update
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has insisted work is ongoing to try and bring in new recruits but has again warned that patience may be required.
Lambert has stressed the need for reinforcements ever since his arrival at Portman Road at the end of October, with the Blues now seven points from safety at the bottom of the Championship.
Marcus Evans was at the Blues’ 3-0 Boxing Day defeat to QPR, with Lambert in regular communication with the Ipswich owner as they work to add experience and quality to the squad.
“I spoke to Marcus today to see where we are and we’re trying to get a few in,” Lambert said.
“Everybody knows we need a little bit of help, I’ve said that since day one.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re trying, we’ve tried to get a few lads in. Hopefully that will happen. There’s a long way on that but hopefully something will happen.”
When asked about the possibility of deals being done early in the January window, Lambert replied: “We’ll try.
- 1 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
“If I can get them in for January 1 then great, but this could be a long window this one.”