‘He’s playing well... he is a big talent’ - Lambert would have no problem turning to Huws if Downes misses out
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert would have no problem turning to Emyr Huws if Flynn Downes misses out at Accrington tomorrow.
Downes is doubtful with a hip injury, suffered on international duty with England Under 20s, with Lambert unlikely to take a risk unless the youngster is completely recovered.
That could open the door for Huws, who has impressed when called upon so far this season as he continues his journey back from a long-term knee problem.
"There's a few things I can do," the Town boss reflected.
"He's (Huws) playing well, but he'll know how well Cole (Skuse) and Flynn have done.
You may also want to watch:
"But when Emyr played against Gillingham and MK Dons he played a really good game and could count himself unlucky he found himself not playing.
"The big thing for me is Emyr playing three games in a week - can he do it? I don't know. It's a big ask. We have to watch him with it, but talent-wise it's a big talent."
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
Kane Vincent-Young and James Norwood are both doubts with groin problems while James Wilson is suspended after being sent off at Fleetwood last time out.