‘He’s not given us one problem... I need everyone’ - Roberts still in Lambert’s plans ahead of cup clash
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert has insisted Jordan Roberts remains in his plans despite his involvement being limited to cup competitions this season.
The winger-turned-striker has played just one minute of league football during the campaign so far, coming off the bench against Sunderland, with his only other two appearances coming in the EFL Cup loss to Luton and the EFL Trophy win over Tottenham's Under 21s.
He scored a brace in that game, helping Ipswich to a 2-1 victory, and is set to start again tomorrow when the Blues host Gillingham in their second game in the competition.
Roberts hasn't made the bench for League One games since the 2-2 draw at Peterborough in August, but Lambert insists he is still in his plans.
"He's been fine," Lambert said. "He's trained well, and he's not given us one bit of problem with it.
You may also want to watch:
"He'll understand that it's difficult to get in the side when everybody is at a really high level, but training-wise there haven't been any issues."
"Everybody is (in my thoughts) whether you're not playing or you're on the bench. I need everybody. I said that before, the football club will only have success if everybody goes the same way."
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
Speaking ahead of tomorrow night's game, coach Matt Gill added: "Jordan's been great and he's one of many to be desperately working to get in the matchday 18.
"He's trained really well and you know exactly what you're going to get from Robbo. He's been like that every day and will be itching for an opportunity."