‘Money talks... sometimes you can’t do anything about it’ - Lambert on Downes and Woolfenden interest
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert has insisted it will take a ‘hell of an amount of millions’ to prise young stars Flynn Downes and Luke Woolfenden away from Ipswich Town in January.
The academy graduates have been mainstays of Lambert's side this season and have been among Ipswich's best performers, so much so they are said to be attracting interest from Championship clubs Fulham and QPR.
While Lambert is unaware of any interest in the pair, the Scot admitted it would come as no surprise if his young players were attracting attention and stressed it would take significant fees to acquire their services.
Ultimately, all players have their price, though.
"I've not heard that but it wouldn't surprise me at all because of how well they're playing," the Town boss said.
You may also want to watch:
"Money talks in the modern day game, money talks, and if it's a hell of an amount of millions then you sometimes can't do anything about it.
"The money doesn't really matter. If someone goes in with £20million, £30million then you can't stop it if it's too big.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
"But the lads have been playing really well so for someone to take them out of here it's going to be a few million that's for sure.
"There's no pressure to sell, not unless it's £30m or £40m coming through the door."
Regarding Bartosz Bialkowski and any potential permanent move to loan club Millwall in January, Lambert said: "We don't know the situation yet, there's still a few weeks on that one."