Watch: ‘It’s not enough’ - Lambert reveals transfer frustrations in first press conference of the season
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town boss Paul Lambert cut a frustrated figure as he met the media for the first time this season ahead of their League One opener.
Lambert will take the Blues to Burton Albion tomorrow as his charges start what they hope will be a rapid return to the Championship with a testing first game.
The Brewers, led by Nigel Clough, are expected to be among the top sides in League One this season, and will provide an interesting challenge for Town in their first game back in the third tier since 1957.
And Lambert appeared frustrated by the lack of signings he's been able to make this summer, saying it "wasn't enough" and asking the media to make their own mind up as to the reasons why.
He strongly denied that owner Marcus Evans and he are on 'different pages', saying it was the owner's money to spend as he wishes.
You may also want to watch:
Apart from James Norwood, the Blues have only brought in Luke Garbutt, Will Norris and Tomas Holy this summer, with free agent defender James Wilson also set to sign.
Lambert, who still wants to sign a striker, said any move for Millwall hitman Tom Elliott was definitely off, and appeared to rule out bringing back last season's loanee Will Keane, saying he wouldn't be fit until September.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week