Watch Lambert on transfer links, returning midfielders, young players and the FA Cup
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Paul Lambert spoke to the media today ahead of this weekend’s FA Cup visit to Accrington Stanley.
The Blues take a break from league action this weekend as they head to Accrington in the FA Cup, looking for their first win in the competition since 2010.
Lambert’s men were beaten 3-2 by Millwall on New Year’s Day, leaving them 10 points adrift of safety with 20 games left to play.
When asked whether breaking from league action would be good for the Blues, captain Luke Chambers said: “Maybe because it gives us a bit more time for the manager to work in the transfer market.
“That gives us an extra week. It’s plain for all to see that if we can get some new faces in the door then things can change very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“If you win two or three games in a row in this league, the picture changes quickly.”
Lambert will speak to the media from 1pm today, where he will discuss this weekend’s game and all the latest transfer news.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Over 4,000 people test positive for Covid with cases continuing to rise
- 10 'The lads make it easy... I don't fear those decisions' - Cook on his selection headaches