‘Have a good Christmas and thanks for what you’ve done’ - Lambert to buy drinks for fans ahead of Rovers clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has ‘put a little something behind the bar’ to thank fans for their support ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Bristol Rovers.
The Town boss has bought a drink for the first 125 fans to enter the Portman Road FanZone this weekend, as a gesture of thanks for their support this season and as an early Christmas gift.
He made a similar gesture prior to the opening home game of the season, against Sunderland in August, having previously paid for supporters to travel by coach to the Blues' away game at Blackburn Rovers in January out of his own pocket.
"It's just a thanks to everybody," Lambert said.
"My time here could end here tomorrow or I could leave next summer, whatever the case may be. It's a brilliant club and it's just a thanks from me to them.
You may also want to watch:
"The support I've had has been great, so I can't thank the supporters enough. This is just a little thank you.
"We don't play here again until Boxing Day so it's the last game before Christmas, so it's important for me to say thanks to them.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
"It's just a gesture to say 'have a good Christmas' and thanks for what you've done."