‘Have a good Christmas and thanks for what you’ve done’ - Lambert to buy drinks for fans ahead of Rovers clash
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has ‘put a little something behind the bar’ to thank fans for their support ahead of tomorrow’s clash with Bristol Rovers.
The Town boss has bought a drink for the first 125 fans to enter the Portman Road FanZone this weekend, as a gesture of thanks for their support this season and as an early Christmas gift.
He made a similar gesture prior to the opening home game of the season, against Sunderland in August, having previously paid for supporters to travel by coach to the Blues' away game at Blackburn Rovers in January out of his own pocket.
"It's just a thanks to everybody," Lambert said.
"My time here could end here tomorrow or I could leave next summer, whatever the case may be. It's a brilliant club and it's just a thanks from me to them.
You may also want to watch:
"The support I've had has been great, so I can't thank the supporters enough. This is just a little thank you.
"We don't play here again until Boxing Day so it's the last game before Christmas, so it's important for me to say thanks to them.
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 7 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
"It's just a gesture to say 'have a good Christmas' and thanks for what you've done."