Paul Taylor and Paul Anderson hit by winter vomiting bug
Forest v Ipswich: Paul Taylor and Paul Anderson are both doubts for Saturday’s game at Nottingham Forest after being hit by the winter vomiting bug.
The Blues duo were both told to stay away from training today, with manager Mick McCarthy saying: “Paul Taylor’s (shoulder) injury’s fine, he was going to train today but he’s got the winter vomiting bug, so he’s not in. We’ll see how he is. Paul Anderson was ill as well, I don’t think he was as bad, but he hasn’t trained today either.
“They’re the only two who have suffered it. Cole Skuse (who rocked his ankle last weekend) trained today and he’s fine.”
Ipswich haven’t won at The County Ground since a Matt Holland goal secured a 1-0 victory back in 1999. The Suffolk side have ended similar barren spells at the likes of Birmingham, Bolton and Wolves during McCarthy’s reign though and head to the East Midlands full of confidence following three successive wins, against Charlton, Blackburn and Huddersfield.
Big-spending Forest lived up the pre-season hype with a flying start, but – with a growing injury list – they have won just two of their last eight matches and are winless in four at home.
You may also want to watch:
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 A12 closed following serious collision
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 6 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Ipswich Debenhams to close on May 4 after the building is sold
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency