Paul Taylor and Paul Anderson hit by winter vomiting bug
Forest v Ipswich: Paul Taylor and Paul Anderson are both doubts for Saturday’s game at Nottingham Forest after being hit by the winter vomiting bug.
The Blues duo were both told to stay away from training today, with manager Mick McCarthy saying: “Paul Taylor’s (shoulder) injury’s fine, he was going to train today but he’s got the winter vomiting bug, so he’s not in. We’ll see how he is. Paul Anderson was ill as well, I don’t think he was as bad, but he hasn’t trained today either.
“They’re the only two who have suffered it. Cole Skuse (who rocked his ankle last weekend) trained today and he’s fine.”
Ipswich haven’t won at The County Ground since a Matt Holland goal secured a 1-0 victory back in 1999. The Suffolk side have ended similar barren spells at the likes of Birmingham, Bolton and Wolves during McCarthy’s reign though and head to the East Midlands full of confidence following three successive wins, against Charlton, Blackburn and Huddersfield.
Big-spending Forest lived up the pre-season hype with a flying start, but – with a growing injury list – they have won just two of their last eight matches and are winless in four at home.
– See tomorrow’s EADT and Ipswich Star for all the latest Blues news.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket