‘I wouldn’t be surprised if Ipswich re-signed him... that’s what I get a feel of’ - Rotherham boss Warne on former Blue Ward
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Paul Warne retains an interest in former Ipswich winger Grant Ward but the Rotherham boss ‘has a feeling’ the Blues may look to re-sign the 24-year-old.
The former Tottenham man is still recovering from a knee ligament injury suffered at QPR on Boxing Day, which ended his season and meant his Ipswich career came to an end when his contract expired at the end of the last campaign.
He's remained at the club to undertake his rehab, though, and is entering the final stages of his rehabilitation.
Warne is a fan of Ward, who had a loan spell at Rotherham earlier in his career, with the Millers boss keeping close tabs on him.
"I try to stay away from signing players who have been here before but Grant is a little bit different in that he was very young when he first came here," he told the Rotherham Advertiser.
You may also want to watch:
"He's coming through a bad injury but then a couple of the lads I signed in the summer have been through that as well.
"I did speak to Wardy a few weeks ago, just touching base with him to see where he's at. He's now running on the grass and all that.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
"He still hasn't got anything. I wouldn't be surprised if, when he's fit, Ipswich re-engage and re-sign him. That's sort of what I get a feel of.
"If he does reach out to me - because I don't want to hassle him like a stalker - and say he'd consider coming here or wants to have a chat, I'd definitely meet him. 100 per cent.
"Whether I'd have the funds to do anything... I'd have to 'green light' that with the chairman. If it's something I could do. I would be keen on doing it, yeah."