Pavlyuchenko out, Jones in at Spurs?
HARRY Redknapp will keep Roman Pavlyuchenko but ditch Darren Bent in the summer, according to the Russian's agent. (The Sun)Victor Kolar revealed: “As far as I can judge, Spurs may sell only one of their forwards and it's Bent.
HARRY Redknapp will keep Roman Pavlyuchenko but ditch Darren Bent in the summer, according to the Russian's agent. (The Sun)
Victor Kolar revealed: “As far as I can judge, Spurs may sell only one of their forwards and it's Bent.
“Roman is not in the situation to be thinking about moving clubs - he is close to completing his adaptation to England. He has a house in London.
“Both he and his wife like living there. And his manager says he wants him in the team next season.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Redknapp is said to be lining up Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones. (Mirror)
The Tottenham boss has identified �10million hitman Jones as the man he wants to lead his strike-force next term.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
The 24-year-old signed a new long-term contract at Sunderland to ward off interest in the January transfer window, but that will not stop Spurs from going back again in the summer as Redknapp is plotting a shake-up of his attack.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Darren Bent will be allowed to leave if deals can be struck, with Jones the man Redknapp sees as his targetman to work with skipper Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe. Pavlyuchenko only joined last summer for �14m but he has had an indifferent season.
Bent, called up at the last minute by Fabio Capello for the last England squad, is wanted by Everton and Sunderland and Tottenham would happily do a player-plus-cash deal with the relegation-threatened Black Cats.
But Bent would prefer Everton although boss David Moyes has not got big transfer funds.
Redknapp is a huge admirer of Trinidad and Tobago striker Jones, whom he sees as a big physical presence and he has also caught the eye of Chelsea with some impressive displays.
Spurs will also make a renewed effort to land Middlesbrough's Stewart Downing.