Pelicans Vets 2 Ipswich Vets 0
Veterans League Pelicans 2 Ipswich 0 Ipswich were unable to secure three of their five points needed to secure the league title at the weekend.Pelicans had only mustered eight players for their visit to Ipswich earlier in the season, but were very much up for beating the league leaders.
Pelicans 2 Ipswich 0
Ipswich were unable to secure three of their five points needed to secure the league title at the weekend.
Pelicans had only mustered eight players for their visit to Ipswich earlier in the season, but were very much up for beating the league leaders. It started badly for Ipswich when they conceded a goal in the first few minutes. Ipswich then pushed forward seeking for an equaliser as Glading was warned for a couple of clumsy challenges.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw Ipswich with much of the pressure but they were thwarted by some stubborn defending, some excellent saves and narrow misses. Midway through the half tensions boiled over and a Pelicans defender escaped punishment when he seemingly tried to kick Steed who was trying to take a quick hit. When Fletton was on the end of a rough challenge, he reacted badly and both payers were dismissed.
Ipswich picked themselves up and went looking for the equaliser, Foster in particular was using his pace but once again the same defender was illegally tackling him without punishment, other than a free hit.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Ipswich had the chances but were dealt a hammer blow when, in the dying minutes, Pelicans scored their second to guarantee victory.
With four games to go Ipswich entertain second placed Peterborough next week, a team they drew with earlier in the season.