Pellicans Colts 0 Magpies Ladies IV 1
Martin and Acock Norfolk Women's LeagueDivision OnePelicans Colts 0 Magpies Ladies IV 1MAGPIES travelled to Kings Lynn to play the league leaders knowing only a win would give them any chance of finishing top.
Martin and Acock Norfolk Women's League
Pelicans Colts 0 Magpies Ladies IV 1
MAGPIES travelled to Kings Lynn to play the league leaders knowing only a win would give them any chance of finishing top.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies started well, enjoying the majority of possession in the Pelicans half, and were only stopped from taking the lead by some good saves from the Pelicans 'keeper.
However, later in the half, when a good ball was put through to Magpies' Rachael Clifford, there was only ever going to be one result, Clifford swept the ball into the far corner giving the away side their much deserved goal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
The second half was more evenly contested, Magpies had their chances to put the game beyond doubt and were unlucky not to convert, and they had to stay strong at the back; the defence having to keep out several Pelicans short corner efforts. However, after taking the lead, Magpies were not going to lose it now, and held out for a much deserved victory.
It was a good, fair match played in the right spirit, with the best team winning. Magpies must now wait to see how Pelicans fare at Diss, a draw or loss for the Kings Lynn side would see Magpies claim the league title.
But, whatever happens, what a truly incredible season it has been for Magpies Ladies Fourths, with a hard working and committed squad led by captain Tracy Reeve, and vice-captain Liz Cole, and it may only be for a week but we can now say - we are top of the league!