Peterborough II 0 Harleston Magpies 4
NE14Hockey LeaguePremier ACity of Peterborough II 0Harleston Magpies 4AFTER a tremendous victory against last year's main competitors, Harleston travelled to Peterborough to try and build on their excellent start to the season.
City of Peterborough II 0
Harleston Magpies 4
You may also want to watch:
AFTER a tremendous victory against last year's main competitors, Harleston travelled to Peterborough to try and build on their excellent start to the season.
Both teams began the game well without creating many clear cut chances. As Harleston started to dominate, they created a well-worked opportunity which Wheeler managed to pull wide from short distance. Eventually they found the opener through an expertly executed short corner from Andy Hipwell. Harleston controlled the play, pressing for the second, which was provided through another well worked short corner routine ending with Chris Barber flicking passed the sprawling keeper. Magpies tried to push on pressurising the Peterborough defence and creating some great opportunities but they were unable to improve on their advantage before half time.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Both teams started the second half strongly with end to end action. With Peterborough pressing high, trying to get back into the game, gaps were left in their defence and halfway through the second half Harleston increased their lead through Andy Hipwell who slid the ball under the advancing keeper for his second after a fast break. Soon after this another flowing move from Magpies resulted in their final goal, after Sitch's rampaging run forward which then combined with Andy Hipwell to allow Richard Ling's ferocious shot to be deflected into the path of Tom Sumner who finished from close range. This sealed an emphatic 4-0 victory for Harleston leaving them four wins from four games.