Peterborough revamp next season’s race night
PETERBOROUGH are looking to make the 2013 season a ‘family affair’ at the Showground - after a successful application to change their weekly race night.
This will see the Readypower Panthers in home action predominantly on Fridays - and club bosses hope to see an increase in younger members of their support-base attending, with a value-for-money family night out very much in their thoughts.
Co-promoter Julie Mahoney said: “It has long been felt that Fridays are the best night for speedway in Peterborough and we are now able to do that.
“We put an application in to change at the BSPA AGM last month and we are pleased to report that was accepted.
“There will still be occasions where we have to race on alternate evenings. That will be determined by live Sky Sports matches, some fellow Friday night tracks getting priority and availability of our own riders regarding their international dates - but it will be predominantly Fridays in 2013.
You may also want to watch:
“It is something we’ve been looking at for a while, but the availability of the Showground was set to change a lot next year anyway.
“The dates we were given by the stadium saw a big reduction in Thursdays – but a massive increase in Fridays – so this change has worked out rather well for all concerned.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 7 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 8 Bonne on Chantry life, Town tears and meeting his heroes
- 9 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 10 Crash between two motorbikes
“With no school etc the following day it is hoped more families will be encouraged to attend on a regular basis. The youngsters are our future support so we need to do more to encourage that.
“A draft fixture list is currently being worked on by BSPA representatives, so once we’ve seen and digested that we’ll have a better idea of things and will be able to confirm some dates and also release our season ticket details.”