Matchday Recap: Town rescue a point with goal at the death
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town drew 2-2 with Peterborough United this afternoon.
Speaking ahead of the game, Town boss Paul Lambert said: "It's a strong team but we have 4,000 fans going, which is incredible.
"It's extraordinary support we have and that's the way the club should be, not what I saw against Middlesbrough all those months ago when you could hear a pin drop.
"That's credit to the supporters coming out in their numbers to get behind their team.
"We have a lot of young ones coming, which I've noticed, and a lot of new ones too.
You may also want to watch:
"That's the way it should be and what you call proper support."
On Posh boss Darren Ferguson, Lambert added: "I don't know him particularly well but I do know of him. I've met him a few times.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
"They've went for it (in the transfer market) at the start of the season. Results aren't great and Darren won't be happy but it's still a hard game."
"We're playing well, we know what we have to try and go and do and everybody's right behind us.
"We're ready for the game, that's for sure."