Peterborough Vets 1 Ipswich Vets 0
East Veterans LeagueCity of Peterborough 1 Ipswich 0 Ipswich bravely went down to the City of Peterborough having played most of the matchw ioth ten men.
East Veterans League
City of Peterborough 1 Ipswich 0
Ipswich bravely went down to the City of Peterborough having played most of the matchw ioth ten men.
After a bright start Crowe was upended and received a dislocated shoulder, playing no further part in the game.
You may also want to watch:
Despite this set back Ipswich were not out played but suffered a blow when a reverse stick shot somehow avoided Steward in goal to find the net.
Ipswich were denied a equaliser when Glading's shot from Barrett's pass was well saved.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
The ten men were spurred on at half time and they always felt that an equaliser was on the cards, providing they could keep the home team at bay.
In fact the visitors defence held firm and with Langton starting to cause problems down the left Ipswich came into the game.
The best opportunities came from penalty corners, Tew firing a rocket shot inches wide from one such chance, but as the legs tired Ipswich failed to gain a reward for a valiant effort.
Next week the vets have a rest from league action before another difficult away game at Shefford & Sandy.