Culford student Andrea helps fire Team GB to Winter Cup finals
- Credit: Archant
A tennis talent from Suffolk played a major part in the success of the Great Britain team as they reached a prestigious world final.
Andrea Pineda, who attends Culford School, was one of the GB trio in action as they reached the finals of the U14 Winter Cup, which will be played in Rakovnik in the Czech Republic later this month.
The 13-year-old won all three of her singles matches and two out of her three doubles matches against Georgia, Belgium and Sweden respectively.
She will now travel to the national tennis centre in Roehampton for a pre-tournament training camp ahead of the Winter Cup finals.
Andrea’s coach, John Trehean, said: ”It is a great achievement, Andrea winning all her singles and two doubles matches.
“She will now be competing against the very best European players and we wish her and the GB team every success.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 9 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 10 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries