Pipers Vale gymnasts perform well for the East Region team in qualifiers
- Credit: Archant
Pipers Vale Gymnastics Club are hitting new heights.
The Ipswich-based club achieved huge success at this year’s Compulsory and NDP Grade Regional Qualifiers, with seven gymnasts finishing in the top five in their grades and making it to the National final as a part of the East Region team.
The National finals took place in Stoke on Trent, with gymnasts competing on four pieces of apparatus – Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor and Range.
On May 21, Emily Roper, Abigail Roper and Millie Finbow took part in the Women’s Artistic National Development Plan Grade National Finals.
Emily and Abigail competed in the Grade 2 competition. The standard was high across the board and both girls had an excellent competition.
You may also want to watch:
Emily finished in eighth place with a score of 62.65, and Abigail came in 26th place with 60.80.
The girls’ scores contributed to the East Region team placing third overall at Grade 2, an excellent achievement.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
Millie competed in the Grade 1 competition, the last in the NDP system. She competed an excellent vault, achieving the second highest vault score in the competition.
Despite a couple of mistakes, Millie placed 15th overall with a score of 59.30.
Millie’s scores contributed to the East Region team placing first overall at Grade 1 by four marks.
Elsewhere, Ellie Cornforth, Grace Wardley, Maddie Swan and Freya Donohoe competed in the Compulsory Grade National Finals.
Freya came 46th and was fifth-overall highest scorer on vault with a massive score of 13.500 out of 14.00.
Maddie finished in 37th, helping the East team to secure a bronze medal in the team event.
Ellie finished in the top-10, in ninth position.
Grace performed exceptionally well, placing sixth overall, and finished high enough to be in the line-up in presentation.
The East Region team which all four girls represented, finished in third position taking the bronze medal.
As a result of the teams doing so well, the East Region also claimed the Rosebowl Cup, with the highest scores combined from the Compulsory and NDP National Finals.