Plans to re-stage Crane Sevens hit for six
EFFORTS to get the Crane Sevens tournament up and running again have failed.
Steve Roper, who is chairman of SIL Omnico Cup finalists Crane Sports, had a venue and date booked, but he said today:
“There was sadly a lack of interest. We invited around 30 teams to take up the 16 positions but only had six commit to taking part.
“All clubs who were sent invitations were chased and given a deadline as we needed confirmation by April 18.
“Bearing in mind a lack of sponsorship we have regretfully had to call the event off.
You may also want to watch:
“I can only assume that due to the current economic situation clubs are looking at their finances very closely although one would think that the entry fee of �50 per team would not be a major financial burden.
“We intend trying again next year.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 6 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home