Platt cries foul for first Stoke goal
CLIVE Platt suffered mixed fortunes at both ends of the pitch at Stoke on Saturday.Platt felt that he was fouled in the box for Stoke's opening goal, which was netted by Ryan Shawcross from a corner, before heading home a clinical equaliser in the 58th minute.
By Carl Marston
CLIVE Platt suffered mixed fortunes at both ends of the pitch at Stoke on Saturday.
Platt felt that he was fouled in the box for Stoke's opening goal, which was netted by Ryan Shawcross from a corner, before heading home a clinical equaliser in the 58th minute.
Platt rued: “We should have had a free-kick for the first goal. It was me who was marking the goalscorer (Shawcross), but I got blocked as the corner came over. Someone hit me from behind.
You may also want to watch:
“We had talked to the referee before the game, and told him to look out for these blocks. But he told me that he didn't see it.
“It was disappointing to fall behind so early in the game. Stoke were very strong for the first 15 minutes, but after that I thought we did well.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“I was pleased to score my third goal of the season. It was a great cross from Danny (Granville), and after that I felt that we were the more likely team to win the game.
“In the end, a lapse in concentration has allowed them to score the winner. It's a disappointing result, because once again we have got nothing from a game after dominating a lot of the possession.
“I suppose the most disappointing thing about the season so far (after 10 games), is that we have played well without getting enough points (11). Our performances have merited a few more points.
“I don't think we need to change too much. Just as few little changes will do. We have a two-week break now, which is a pity because I was just getting into my stride,” added Platt.