Leiston host Burgess Hill Town chasing the play-offs
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
After an excellent result against Harrow Borough on Tuesday evening at Victory Road, Leiston will be looking to boost their play-off hopes with a win against second from bottom Burgess Hill Town at home tomorrow afternoon, writes Craig Cooper.
Goals from Joe Jefford, Christy Finch and Jack Ainsley meant the gap was closed to fifth place to three points in the week. Youngster Jac Garrard also came on for his league debut late on Tuesday evening.
After today’s match, the Blues visit Leatherhead next Saturday before finishing the season with two home games.
The first is against Needham Market on Tuesday 24th April, while on the final day of the campaign (Saturday 28th April), Hendon visit. It promises to be a lively end to the season.
“Tuesday was a massive result for us and with other results going our way on the night, it turned out to be a great evening,” manager Glen Driver said.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought our performance was outstanding and we could have won by a greater margin. I still believe there will be twists and turns before the final game of the season and we have to keep going about our business and hope other teams slip up.
“It can soon turn around and we have to take Saturday’s game as another cup final. For a club of Leiston’s side to be in the top 6 at this stage of the season is an amazing achievement.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
Last season, Leiston defeated Burgess Hill Town 2-0 at Victory Road, while down in Sussex, Driver’s side won 6-0, with Matt Blake grabbing four goals.
Meanwhile, the Reserves face Holland FC tomorrow afternoon looking to bounce back from 3-0 losses against Whitton United and Diss Town recently.
The Under 18’s gained another win on Thursday night, defeating Ipswich Wanderers 3-0 at Humber Doucy Lane. Alfie Norman headed the side into the lead, before two Adam Blades strikes put them on the brink of the league title. They need two more points from four matches to seal it.
- Elsewhere in the Bostik Premier, Lowestoft Town travel to Met Police, while Needham also hit the road to face Worthing.
Down in the Bostik North, AFC Sudbury host Ware, Mildenhall Town travel to Bowers & Pitsea and Bury Town entertain Brentwood Town.