Ipswich Town players....How they fared against Brum
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
MIKE BACON takes a look at the Town players’ performances against Birmingham today
No chance with the goal and although Birmingham had chances, most they ballooned wide or hit straight at the Town ‘keeper, who had little to do second half.
Caught in possession a couple of times but like most of his team-mates was more prominent in the second period and got some decent crosses in.
You may also want to watch:
Was up against a good strike-force in Che Adams and Lukas Jutkiewicz, but stuck his ground solidly enough.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
Played an hour and such an important presence, although he and Chambers had it tricky at times against a lively Brum attack.
Too easily beaten by Maxim Colin for the Brum goal, but didn’t let his head go down and continued to be brave on the ball
Glimpses of good stuff from the Town schemer and a couple of decent runs. Just needs to get on the ball more.
One of Town’s better players in a tepid first half and upped his game even more in the second as Town got on top.
Took his goal superbly with a quality finish. Another who really upped his game second half and has the potential to be a real winner for Town.
The catalyst to Town’s comeback in the second period and will be an absolute key player in League One for Town next season. So unlucky to hit the post.
Subbed at half-time and only showed a few moments of quality. You feel the more starts he gets, the better he will get.
Worked tirelessly up front with some good runs into the corners as well as trying to hold up play. Benefitted from Jackson’s introduction.