Player ratings: How Town players performed against Shrewsbury
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
MIKE BACON takes a look at Town’s performances against Shrewsbury in their 3-0 win
TOMAS HOLY 7
Made a beauty of a save on half-time to make sure his side went in at two-up. His kicking was good but in general he had a front four in front of him who let little past.
KANE VINCENT-YOUNG 8
Man of the match. Was up against a very good left-winger in Ryan Giles but Vincent-Young coped admirably, so much so Giles was substituted. Won the penalty in the first half and was the instigator of the third. Looks a fine signing for the Blues.
You may also want to watch:
MYLES KENLOCK 6
A steady game from the left-back who kept things simple and didn't try to over-complicate his game. Defended well throughout and tried always to get forward.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
LUKE CHAMBERS 7
Solid game from the skipper. As usual won his fair share of battles with what was a physical Shrewsbury side and of course for Town fans it's good to see the Chambo winning'fist-pump' back on the agenda at Portman Road.
LUKE WOOLFENDEN 8
For such a young man his performances continue to display much maturity. His loan season at Swindon last year has seen him, like Downes, ramp his game up. Up against a very experienced man in Steve Morison, he held his own well.
COLE SKUSE 7
Such an important figure in the Town team, it was another good performance from Skuse. Tidies up well and happy to spread the ball and take on killer passes.
DANNY ROWE 6
Helped set up the Town opener and had one or two good runs. Switched wings during the first half and continues to show glimpses of his obvious potential.
ALAN JUDGE 7
Here, there and everywhere, Judge is always on it. It didn't always come off against the Shrews, but he is a dangerous play-maker for Town to have.
FLYNN DOWNES 8
Rarely gave the ball away, kept it simple and then made the run of the game to get on the end of Jackon's cross to seal the deal for the Blues. Has come on leaps and bounds this season.
JAMES NORWOOD 6
A tough day for Norwood who was up against robust defenders. But he held his own and again led the line well. Tucked his penalty away nicely to give Town a great start of the game. Five goals already this season is a nice stat.
KAYDEN JACKSON 7
Another goal and lots of penetrating runs, Jackson and Norwood got the Town off to a great start. Always a threat with his pace, Jackson caused the Shrews defenders difficulties when getting behind them. Great cross for Downes' goal.
SUBS WHO CAME ON
GWION EDWARDS 5
Helped set up the second goal and put in a good cross that Norwood just couldn't get on the end of.
JON NOLAN 5
Great to see him back on the pitch and he showed some tidy touches during his late appearance.
ANTHONY GEORGIOU 5
Didn't manage to get into the game too much, but his trickery is never far away you sense.
10: Worldie. 9: Stunning game. 8: Excellent throughout. 7 Good game. 6 Solid enough. 5 Average. 4 Poor, 3 or below, Not good!!