Matchday Recap: Nolan and Jackson turn things around for Town after Mayor red
Ipswich Town beat Plymouth Argyle 2-1 this afternoon.
Today marks Town’s first game in front of supporters since March, with 1,800 Plymouth fans expected at Home Park.
The Blues go into this game on the back of a three-game winless run which has seen Paul Lambert’s side fail to score and struggle to threaten the opposition goal.
The match also marks manager Paul Lambert’s 100th in charge of the club.
“I’ve loved every day of working at a great club which has probably lost its way in a lot of ways,” the Scot said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m pretty sure people will hold their hands up to their mistakes but it’s a brilliant club.
“Of course I want it to be better and I want it to be successful but I’ve loved every minute of being here. It’s certainly been different that’s for sure.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
Kick-off is at 3pm.