POLL: Ipswich Town return to an orange away kit – and the omens are good
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town will wear an away orange away kit once again next season – and the omens are good.
Having signed a four-year kit deal with adidas – the kit manufacturer when the 1978 FA Cup and 1981 UEFA Cup was won – the club has also gone down a nostalgia route with their choice of colour for the new away strip.
Town wore an away kit in their promotion seasons of 1991/92, under John Lyall, and 1999/00, under George Burley. Orange was also the colour worn on their travels in the 2004/05 campaign which saw Joe Royle’s side defeated in the play-offs following a third-place finish.
Orange is also a nod to the various Dutchmen who have graced the Portman Road pitch over the years, Frans Thijssen and Arnold Muhren a big part of the halcyon days of the ‘70s and ‘80s, with Martijn Reuser and Fabian Wilnis involved in the club’s last promotion campaign.
Supporters can pre-order the new away shirt and goalkeeper away shirt as of Monday, either in the Planet Blue Store at Portman Road or via www.itfcdirect.com. The new home shirt will be revealed ahead of the final home game of the season, against Sheffield Wednesday on May 3.
You may also want to watch:
The away kit will be available to purchase on July 1/2, with the home kit not available until 10 days later. The new shirts will cost £44.99 for adult sizes and £34.99 for youth sizes.
– See tomorrow’s EADT for more pictures, as well as a full match preview of Watford v Ipswich Town. A poster will be available in Monday’s official matchday programme ahead of Ipswich’s home game against Bournemouth.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12