Town fans would rather see Knudsen sold than offered new deal
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town fans overwhelmingly want to see left back Jonas Knudsen moved on rather than be offered a new deal, according to the results of our poll.
With the Danish international’s future at the club looking uncertain, we asked yesterday whether fans would rather sell him, or – as boss Paul Lambert recently recommended to owner Marcus Evans – give him a new deal.
And of the almost 750 votes cast, 71% say sell Knudsen, rather than secure him for the longer term.
The 26-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer, sparked rumours of a move away recently when he revealed he’d be interested in testing the market in January, given there had been no movement from Town on a new deal. He admitted that Middlesbrough and Stoke has both been in contact in the summer.
And then yesterday Danish newspaper BT Sport’s podcast revealed that the Danish Superliga top two, FC Copenhagen and FC Midtylland, are both considering a swoop for the international.
You may also want to watch:
The former are said to have already made contact with Kundsen’s agent, but would need to move a player on first before committing to a bid for Knudsen.
New boss Lambert revealed last month that he’s recommended to owner Marcus Evans that Knudsen be offered a new deal, and the player himself said last week that he’s happy at Town and will give his all for the club.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
Knudsen joined the Blues from his local side Esbjerg fB in the summer of 2015 for a fee of £300,000. He has made 144 starts and two sub appearances, scoring four times.