Poll/Update: Freddie Sears joins Ipswich Town from Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Freddie Sears has signed an undisclosed two-and-a-half year deal at Ipswich Town and could start for the Blues at Millwall tomorrow, with David McGoldrick an injury doubt.
Sears has bagged 14 goals for the U’s during the first half of this season, and was on course to become the first Colchester player to score 20 goals in a season since the days of Jamie Cureton.
But the ex-West Ham attacker’s current contract at Colchester was due to expire this summer, so the U’s were keen to cash in on their star striker, before he could leave on a free transfer.
“My aim was to play at a higher level. I went to Colchester and enjoyed my time there but my ultimate aim and goal was to move back up the leagues and it’s a great opportunity for me to come here and join a team that is moving in the right direction,” said Sears.
“I can’t speak highly enough of Colchester, it’s a great club, but now I am looking forward to the next step of my career.
You may also want to watch:
“The boys are flying here, the two front boys are on fire, the team is really good and the aim is promotion. We are so close to the top now and we want to be in the top league.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 8 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash