Porter signs for U’s
COLCHESTER United have signed attacker George Porter on loan from Burnley for the rest of the season.
Winger-or-striker Porter, who played for Cray Wanderers and Leyton Orient earlier in his career, has not made an appearance for Championship outfit Burnley this term.
The 20-year-old arrives at the Weston Homes Community Stadium on a youth loan, and will be looking to force his way into the senior squad over the next few weeks.
Porter has impressed against the U’s, while playing for Leyton Orient, although an injury held him back at his new club Burnley.
U’s boss Joe Dunne enthused: “George is a very quick young player, who has great attacking qualities.”
You may also want to watch:
Porter announced on his Twitter account: “Delighted to have signed for Colchester on loan until the end of the season, really looking forward to my time here!!”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover