IP1 LIVE music festival moved back so Portman Road FanZone can show England game
- Credit: Archant
Football fans can once again watch England in World Cup action on a big screen at Portman Road on Saturday.
All four of England’s games in the tournament have been shown in the FanZone, located behind the East of England Co-op Stand, with around 2,000 people watching the drama unfold on Tuesday night as Gareth Southgate’s side held their nerve to beat Colombia in a penalty shoot-out.
The Three Lions now face Sweden in a quarter-final on Saturday (3pm ko) and Ipswich Town Football Club have changed their plans for the IP1 LIVE music festival as a result. The second day of the event has now been pushed back to 6.30pm.
Gates open at the FanZone will open at 1.30pm, with entry remaining free.
When the England game has finished, fans will be asked to vacate the stadium immediately to enable IP1 LIVE to start on time.
You may also want to watch:
Undercover kick off the entertainment at 6.45pm, with Underline The Sky, JS & the Lockerbillies and Barny Holmes to follow before Samantha Harvey is on stage at around 9.45pm.
Tickets for the event are priced at £5 for adults and £1 for children and are on sale via www.IP1Live.com or at the stadium on the night. A donation from the event will be made to EACH (East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices).
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Eighties soul-singer Alexander O’Neal headlines tomorrow, though The Sugarhill Gang are a late cancellation having had to return to the United States for personal reasons. They will be replaced by NAVI, the world’s number one Michael Jackson impersonator.