Portman Road third worst ground in the Championship when it comes to the price of goals
Portman Road is the third worst value ground in the Championship when it comes to the price of goals, according to research carried out by myvouchercodes.co.uk.
The discount site has compiled the ‘Football Entertainment Index’ which offsets the total cost of attending (based on the BBC’s Price of Football Survey) against the average number of goals scored at each of the 92 Premier League and Football League grounds this season.
Town fans have paid, on average, £17.01 per goal at Portman Road.
Best value: Liverpool (£5.73), Hull (£5.91), Swansea (£11.16)
You may also want to watch:
Worst value: Manchester Utd (£21.28), Southampton (£20.85), Everton (£19.29)
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 8 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
Best value: Nottingham Forest (£8.78), Blackburn (£9.07), Birmingham (£9.23)
Worst value: Leeds United (£20.20), Derby (£17.44), Ipswich (£17.01)
Best value: AFC Wimbledon (£5.91), Bury (£7.11), Bristol Rovers (£8.48)
Worst value: Oldham (£21.33), Coventry (£16.85), Bradford (£16.31)
Best value: Stevenage (£6.92), Newport (£7.59), Plymouth (£8.30)
Worst value: Mansfield (£16.06), Crewe (£13.49), Notts County (£13.41)