Positive Risager tells his team-mates to ‘keep up the pressure’ as Panthers come to Foxhall in Premier League clash
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Morten Risager has told his Ipswich Witches team-mates to ‘keep up the pressure’ because second place in the Premier League table is not out of the question.
The Witches currently hold second place but only have two meetings of the regular season left (the top two get choice of opposition in the play-offs) and Edinburgh have meetings in hand..
But Risager remains optimistic: “We have to get all three points against Peterborough on Thursday and then try for four at Plymouth on Saturday,” the Dane said.
“You never know what the weather will be like and having all the points on the board could prove crucial.
“If Edinburgh can’t get all their meetings ridden, then you never know, we could finish second.”
You may also want to watch:
Tonight, Risager and the Witches will look to keep their good form going against a Peterborough side who are still desperately trying to get themselves into the play-off picture and are in the middle of a hectic spell of racing to get their fixtures completed.
The Panthers had a double-header home victory over Scunthorpe and Plymouth on Tuesday, ride at Rye House Wednesday night, Ipswich Thursday and are then at Scunthorpe on Friday night.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Premier league table – top six in play-offs
Somerset 25 61
Ipswich 26 54
Edinburgh 20 51
Berwick 23 50
Scunthorpe 23 40
Newcastle 26 33
Peterborough 20 30
Redcar 26 29
Workington 17 27
Glasgow 22 27
Plymouth 24 24
Rye House 23 18
Sheffield 19 16
Ipswich Witches: R Tungate, R Hawkins, M Risager, G Manzares, R Worrall, A Ellis, C Heeps.
Peterborough Panthers: L Bjerre, A Roynon, R Hall, U Ostergaard, A Dryml, M Dilger, N Barrett
Mike’s prediction: Witches 56 Panthers 37