Potential blow for Colchester United’s Sammie Szmodics
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Colchester United’s young attacking midfielder, Sammie Szmodics, could undergo an operation to resolve a long-term foot injury
Szmodics has not played yet in 2016. In fact, his last appearance was as a second-half substitute during the 3-2 win over non-league Altrincham in the FA Cup on December 6.
The U’s Academy product had his foot in a protective boot, for several weeks, and has recently returned to training.
But the 20-year-old might now need surgery, to solve the problem, which would effectively bring a premature end to his season.
Manager Kevin Keen revealed: “Sammie trained for six or seven days with the under-21s, and has recently had a couple of sessions with the first team,
You may also want to watch:
“But I’m not sure he feels quite right, so we will assess it in the next couple of days.
“He might need an operation.”
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
The U’s are away at Port Vale tomorrow.